Friday, August 3, 2012

Making it Rain

... like I said. We do it for the money. No Joke.

Here's a little more insight into my life. I am a double agent. Well, not really, but you see I have a day job (that pays those pesky student loans) and then I serve a few nights a week. The hard part about serving is there isn't really a set time you leave. You start your shift at let's say 3:30pm, but if it's busy, you are trapped until 11pm or even 1am. On the flip side, if it's a beautiful summer night, and there's a sports game playing at home that evening, you could be done as early as 7pm. Do you see the dilemma?

Not only have I pulled an 8-hour day from that morning, but I also pulled an 8-hour shift that night. And let me tell you something. It. Was. Worth. It. Sure, my eyes feel like they are bleeding as I sit in my reddish chair (fitting don't you think?) and I try to clear the haze that covers my brain, but at the end of the night, I walked with so much money it'd make a girl on the corner blush. Maybe that's a bit dramatic. Whatever.

I would have to say that my favorite part of last night was when I pulled up to work. I was on the phone with my boyfriend, trying to catch up on our day before I headed into job #2, when I got out of my car and noticed something bright pink on the car adjacent mine. I quickly said my goodbyes to the boyfriend and pulled up my camera to take a picture of the gloriousness. This is the place I live folks. Where we can throw about our undergarments wherever we feel necessary. Which leads me to Exhibit A:

That's a solid C cup right? 
Yep. There you have it. The glory of restaurant life. Would you ever see that at your 9-5 day job? My guess is no. Unless you work at a bra manufacturing plant. Or Victoria Secret. The assumption is that this is a prank played on someone, but I like to imagine it's a girlfriend this guy once had who was furious that he broke up with her or cheated on her, and she wanted to get him back by reminding him of the nice rack she has.

As for the craziness at work, I pretty much blame the Olympics for the hullabaloo. While I do, in fact, love the Olympics, it's like these people have never seen anybody do any of these things. Hellloooo.... go to a highschool. They do gymnastics there. Basketball? My God they have 8 months to dribble that ball around. NOW it's interesting? False. Beach volleyball? Didn't you play that last week with some buddies and some alcoholic refreshments nearby? Oh and of course, YOU OWN A TV. Go watch it at your house.

Well, besides the Olympics and the bra car, the only other people I had there were even remotely interesting was my I'm-going-to-kiss-you-on-the-neck-and-pretend-it's-my-breakfast-and-devour-you couple that was awkward and I tried avoiding eye contact at all times, and then some people from the South that apparently travel around and install carpet in big office buildings? I said it had to pay well if that was their job. Could you imagine? You travel around.... for carpet. Not because you are in a band or you are famous, but because apparently the state that needs carpet doesn't have someone that can do it correctly.

We'll see what drama unfolds next week...

Thanks for stopping by!
Always, your server

No comments:

Post a Comment